Skip to main content

Eastleigh Reserves 1-3 Chipstead

Suburban League


Match Report by Jamie Montigue

EASTLEIGH: Dan Loader, Sam Stannard, Ryan Woodford, Dan Brunnen, Craig Martin, Jordan Hamilton, Chris Hall, Toure Mamadouba, Dan Smith, Adam Roberts, Scott Vidler

SUBS: Ben Simpson, Yo Ya Diallo


3. Adam Roberts’ curled effort from left hand side went just wide of goal.

4. Stannard concedes free kick in dangerous area -Chipstead’s number 6 struck the ball well wide of goal.

6. Roberts picked up the ball from Craig Martin, he turned on the ball and got his shot in on goal but it was hooked just wide of the left hand post.

21. Toure Mamadouba hit a low 25-yard strike, which got deflected before being comfortably saved from the Chipstead keeper.

23. Eastleigh continued to threaten and came close as Jordan Hamilton made a good run on the left wing to receive a lay off from Adam Roberts before hitting a powerful shot from distance which the keeper fumbled and then gathered up the lose ball.

35. The home side came close to scoring once more when Hamilton won a free kick on the left. Chris Hall floated the ball in towards the back post where Sam Stannard had time and space for a free header but he couldn’t quite direct it and it was just wide of the target.

37. Chipstead’s best chance of the half was a long-range effort that nearly caught out Dan Loader in the Eastleigh goal who had to back-pedal before throwing a hand at the ball to palm it around the post for a corner.

45. On the stroke of half time, Dan Smith skinned the left back before squaring the ball for ‘Taz’ Roberts who it the ball into the top corner for Eastleigh to take the lead.

HALF TIME: Eastleigh 1-0 Chipstead

SUB: Ben Simpson ON, Jordan Hamilton OFF

46. Scott Vidler won Eastleigh an early corner as he latched onto long ball from defence.

51. The visitors took the lead from a corner ball. Dan Loader punched the delivery straight to a Chipstead player who picked out the top right hand corner from six yards to grab an equaliser.

52. Only a minute later, the referee gave a penalty despite a suspicion of a dive from the Chipstead centre forward. Dan Brunnen was the player who was judged to have brought the player down, but the contact was minimal and the decision seemed very harsh. The penalty was comprehensively put away to Loader’s left for the visitors to take the lead.

57. Things went from bad to worse for Eastleigh. A third goal was conceded making it three goals to Chipstead in the space of only seven minutes.

73. Ben Simpson set up Dan Smith whose effort appeared to be going in but actually hit the roof of the net and went out for a goal kick.

77. SUB: Yo Ya Diallo ON Toure Mamadouba OFF

80. Diallo’s first action of the game resulted in him being brought down for what looked a blatant penalty. As one of the Eastleigh players put the ball down on the penalty spot after the referee had blown his whistle, who then indicated that it was a free kick despite the fact that Diallo was practically in the six yard box before being fouled! Woodford hit the free kick straight at the wall, but Eastleigh will feel hard done by that they didn’t get a penalty.

Chipstead get the win as they seemed to adjust to the poor state of the pitch better than Eastleigh. There were puddles everywhere and the ball was literally stopping dead and at times the game became farcical because of it. Eastleigh played some good passing football but lacked real quality in front of goal.

FINAL SCORE: Eastleigh 1-3 Chipstead


Popular posts from this blog

AFC Fylde 2-2 Eastleigh

Ryan Broom scored twice to help maintain Eastleigh's unbeaten run, which now stretches to nine games in the National League.

Spitfires boss Andy Hessenthaler reflecting on the point said: “I think it was a fair result.

“The way we started the game was tremendous. We pinned them back and we got the goal.

“But Fylde are a good side. They’re young, they have very good movement and they take risks. It’s hard to stop their flow of play, but we dug in and defended really well.

“They equalised, but we responded straight afterwards with an absolutely fantastic goal. It was a sublime finish by Ryan who had an exceptional afternoon on his first start.

“It (Fylde's late equaliser) was a little bit frustrating when we were so close to getting all three points, but this was a good point and a valuable one against a decent side.

“My target when I took over was two points a game. I’ve had eight games and we’re actually two points ahead of that target with 18.

“We’ve now got to build on that …

Eastleigh 1-1 Wrexham

Ten-man Eastleigh fought back from a goal down to earn a point with a dramatic late equaliser at the Silverlake.

EASTLEIGH: Graham Stack, Sam Togwell (Ben Williamson, 65), Sam Wood (Michael Green, 82), Cav Miley, Ryan Cresswell, Andrew Boyce, Mark Yeates, Ryan Broom, Paul McCallum, Sam Matthews, Chris Zebroski (Reda Johnson, 72). Subs (not used): Ross Flitney, Danny Hollands.

Referee: Adam Bromley.

Attendance: 1,765 (205 from Wrexham)

Reaction from Andy Hessenthaler, Graham Stack and Ryan Cresswell:
REACTION: Thoughts from the #Spitfires boss Andy Hessenthaler, Graham Stack (@GrahamStack1) & Ryan Cresswell after their clash with Wrexham...

Listen: — BBC Solent Sport (@solentsport) April 7, 2018

Tranmere 3-1 Eastleigh

Eastleigh fell to a third successive away defeat in the National League with a 3-1 loss at Tranmere.

Reaction from Andy Hessenthaler:
Eastleigh boss Andy Hessentalher says the 3-1 scoreline against @TranmereRovers wasn't a fair reflection of the #Spitfires performance

More @EastleighFC reaction 👉 — BBC Solent Sport (@solentsport) March 24, 2018

Barrow 3-2 Eastleigh

Eastleigh almost came away with a point despite being 3-1 down at Barrow. 
Ben Williamson made it 3-2 late on to add to Chris Zebroski's earlier strike before Ross Flitney headed the ball against the crossbar in the final seconds.