Scannell: I want to finish my career with you!



Monday 31st December 2007 - Scannell vows to return to Eastleigh

By Wendy Gee


Damian Scannell has told Eastleigh: I want to finish my career with you!

Scannell will start training with his new club Southend on Thursday after signing off his Eastleigh career at the weekend against Eastbourne.

He bowed out by picking up the man-of-the-match award - and a promise that he will be back at the Silverlake before his playing days are over.

"I'm sure this is not the end of the story for me with Eastleigh," he said.

"When I'm 35, I want this to be the last club I come to.

"I've enjoyed it here and I appreciate all the support the fans have given me. 
 
"From the day Ian Baird arrived here as manager he told me there was no point having me here if I couldn't go out and express myself and that's what I've tried to do.

"Playing for Eastleigh has been a good shop window for me, but I've not looked at it like that.

"I've looked at it as a team game and I've worked hard for the side.

"Southend is a new challenge for me and I'm really looking forward to it, but I'll never forget Eastleigh. I love the club."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Richard Hill

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.