Player news: Bottomley joins Eastleigh

By Wendy Gee -

ROSS Bottomley has scaled another rung of the non-League ladder by agreeing non-contract terms with BS South play-off chasers Eastleigh.

Following a fall-out with Zamaretto South & West side AFC Totton, the tall, powerfully-built utility man has spent the last couple of months on loan at Bashley in the Zamaretto Premier.

Bashley, Gosport Borough and Windsor are all believed to have been trailing the 25-year-old when his Totton contract was cancelled my mutual consent earlier this week.

But Bottomley had aspirations to play higher and is delighted to have been given a chance by Eastleigh “It’s been my ambition to play at this level since I was 21. I’ve been pining to make it for the last four years and now it’s finally there for me.

“I know I’ve got a lot of work to do to earn a place, but I’m looking forward to it.

“I really enjoyed it at Bashley. Their manager Steve Riley is fantastic.

“But I wanted to do pre-season with Eastleigh and I’m so pleased I’ve got this opportunity.

Bottomley is one of two – and potentially three – new players on Eastleigh’s books.

Sam Butler, a 19-year-old winger from Ryman One South outfit Whyteleafe has also signed non-contract, and Baird is hopeful of striker Lee Roache returning.

“We heard about Sam through (ex-Saint) David Howells,” Baird explained.

“David’s a football agent and Sam’s brother’s on his books. “Woking were also looking at Sam.”

Former Barnet forward Roache had a loan spell at Eastleigh from Cambridge City in December 2008.

“He’s latterly been with Braintree but hasn’t played much of late, so that one’s a bit up in the air,” said Baird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Richard Hill

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.