Baird's reaction to Spitfires' success

Eastleigh manager Ian Baird spoke highly of his new-look side after a 4-1 victory over Southampton last night. “I thought we played really well,” Baird said.

“All the senior players did well and that helps bring the best out of the youngsters.”

Asked if he was shocked at Saints’ first-half collapse when they were downed by goals from Jamie Slabber, Andrew White and Danny Smith inside four devastating minutes, the former Saints and Leeds striker said: “I was a player myself and my opinion of pro clubs when they come to non-League clubs is that they sometimes underestimate them and I think Saints probably did underestimate us tonight.

“But all credit to our lads. We needed a reaction after the Oxford game and we got one and scored with four good finishes.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Richard Hill

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.