Gary Elphick signs for Tonbridge Angels

Eastleigh FC can confirm that Gary Elphick has transferred to Tonbridge Angels. Gary has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner since arriving at the club last season. He has been a popular member of the team but with first team opportunities limited this season he has decided that at this stage in his career he needs to be playing first team football.

Manager Richard Hill commented “Gary approached me recently to discuss his future at the club. It was clear he wanted to get more minutes on the pitch, which at this stage of the season I could not guarantee him with Andy Forbes and Tom Jordan at the club. Also we have signed Leigh Mills who can play at centre half, so Gary felt that his desire to play football could not be achieved here.

"He is a super lad with a first class attitude and I am not surprised that once I gave him permission to find a club he got himself fixed up so quickly and I am sure he will be a real asset to Tonbridge. I wish him all the very best.”

On the general squad Richard then went onto confirm, “We do have a large squad and are currently a long way over budget, the chairman has made it clear that I do need to work within certain financial constraints so I will have to get a few players out if I want to freshen things up and I am certain we need to do that, so with that in mind, I have made a couple of players available for transfer.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Richard Hill

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.