Allen looks to the positives as Eastleigh are beaten at home by Tranmere

Martin Allen looks to the positives as Eastleigh are beaten 2-0 at home by Tranmere:


"It was always going to be a tough game for us. I thought we played much better today. Today was a much better performance from the team."

"We stood up to them. Our goalkeeper made some fantastic saves in the first half as Tranmere had a few chances."

"I thought the overall attitude and the desire of our team today was much better. I enjoyed watching them. It wasn’t the prettiest but we had to try and change our way of playing to be difficult to beat."

"I suppose it’s ironic that a lad that’s on loan at Tranmere from Portsmouth, 15 minutes away from here, was the outstanding player in the game."

"You’ve got to be competitive in any game of football that you play in and I don’t think we have recently. We’ve been far too nice and to play football you’ve got to earn the right. You really have got to get your foot in and compete for headers, tackles and challenges."

"I thought today it was a much better atmosphere, a much better feeling amongst the players. I think every player that played for our team today gave everything they’ve got and sometimes you can’t ask for any more than that."

"It wouldn’t say [it’s been a] difficult [week]. I’ve been doing this now for a long time and I think everybody knows there’s a lot of work to be done here. Costs had to be cut, players have had to be moved on, we’ve brought some young players in – much cheaper and we get some fresh energy from those players."

"This is just normal for me, this is what I have to do. This is what normally happens when I go to football clubs. It’s normally in a bit of a mess and I normally have to turn it around and build teams. That’s what I will do."

"Macca’s joined [Craig McAllister] and he’s had to come off with a thigh injury which is a shame because he’s done ever so well. I was delighted with his debut. Didn’t he play well. Since Darius Henderson went out of the team with his neck injury, we have missed that target man type centre forward and we’re lucky that the chairman managed to get Macca in a couple of days ago to fill that gap. I thought he lead the line really well today. I just hope that the knock on his thigh is not too bad."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill