Reaction | Richard Hill | Dover

Richard Hill's post-match thoughts following Eastleigh's 3-0 defeat away at Dover:

"Very frustrated. We huffed and puffed for long spells of the game. The players are very low on confidence."

"The first goal after three minutes – the ball has come in the box and you can see everybody panicking. Why? It’s a game of football, the ball is going to come in the box. You have to deal with it."

"We had a little bit of possession and we passed the ball ok at times and we went from side to side ok and then the final ball in the box is very, very predictable. We’re very predictable in the play after that and we actually do look like a team of individuals."

"I’ve got a group of players here that I’ve inherited and for me to say anything publicly after one game would be wrong. I’ve got to keep my thoughts to myself but we do need to do a lot better and we do need to work harder."

"I do think some of the players need to realise that this is their job, this is how they earn the living and it’s not a case of just turning up and ‘I’m going to playing a game of football and if I get picked I get picked, and if I don’t get picked I’m just going to have a sulk around the place’. You’ve got to roll your sleeves up and be a team."

"I ended up becoming the manager, initially, of this football club and I became a fan. Since I’ve been away, there’s two results that I’ve looked for every week – Eastleigh and Leicester City."

"It is difficult, it is difficult to swallow, we know there’s a big job on our hands."

"The last time I saw this team play, believe it or not, was Swindon away in the FA Cup. How many players are the same from that day? It’s actually unbelievably, unrecognisable – in personnel and performance and in desire and application."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Richard Hill

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.