Sam Matthews settles in at Eastleigh

Midfielder Sam Matthews, 19, has been talking about his first week since joining Eastleigh on loan from Bournemouth.

"It’s been really good. It’s been nice for me to come in and meet all the lads and it’s given me a little bit of time to settle in and get into training before our game at the weekend.

"I’ve really enjoyed it," Matthews added.


Looking ahead to Saturday's game at Guiseley, Sam said: "We’ve had a tough back end of last week and a couple of good days training this week. I think we’ll tail off towards the end of the week to get prepared for the match and focus on that.

"It’s been a good start and hopefully we can start to pick up some good results."

Matthews went on to talk about what he hopes he can achieve in his time at Eastleigh looking ahead to the rest of the season.

"For me it’s a good experience to come here and play, from what I’ve seen it’s a really professional set-up.

"The training has been a really good standard and hopefully I can get as many appearances under my belt as possible and help the team with goals and assists.

"I think with the squad that we’ve got and the set-up here hopefully we can push up the league and get a run of results together."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill