Hill urges fans to support the team

Richard Hill has urged Eastleigh fans to get behind the team ahead of Monday's home game v Bromley (3pm).


The Spitfires boss said: “The end of the season can’t come quickly enough for Eastleigh Football Club and that’s terrible for a club that’s had the successes we have.

“But whatever differences the fans have got with any of the players – or with me – I’m asking them to come out and support the team.

“The team is the most important thing and everyone, me included, needs to get behind them.

“We’ve done amazing to get the points we have and, if we stay up, which I think we will, I don’t want to go into the last game of the season with just a two or three-point gap.

“I’ve not come back to be the big ‘I am’, I’m in a position where I have to do what I think is right for the club in the short-term. I can’t have any sentiment at the moment.

“We had supporters travel all the way to North Ferriby which I appreciate is not just round the corner.

“If we don’t win, I’m the first person to get frustrated, but at the minute we’ve got to put that frustration to one side and just concentrate on getting behind the team.

“So much has gone on this season that any amount of people could take the blame.

“If people aren't happy with me, so be it, but please trust me and come out and support the team.

“It’s time to put differences to one side and let’s get to the end of the season…then we’ll have the inquest.”

Eastleigh fans urged to put differences to one side and get out and support the team

RICHARD Hill is urging Eastleigh fans to put their opinions to one side and get solidly behind the team at home to Bromley tomorrow (Monday, 3pm). What should have been a no-pressure fixture for the Spitfires has suddenly upped in importance following Good Friday's 2-1 defeat at lowly North Ferriby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill