Heslop joins on loan

Simon Heslop, 30, has joined the club on a one-month loan deal from York City. He captained York to FA Trophy victory against Macclesfield at Wembley Stadium in May this year.

The midfielder played against the Spitfires last season, scoring when York visited The Silverlake in November.

Speaking upon arrival at the club, Heslop spoke of his delight at joining up with the squad.

“I’m itching to get going – it’s only initially a one-month loan, but I’m excited to get started.

“This league is all about getting a consistent run going, and I’m sure with the squad assembled, we can give it a go.”


Speaking about the signing of Heslop, Richard Hill said: “I did say I wouldn’t put a sticking plaster on it, but the reason I’ve been convinced is because we’ve found a midfielder who wants to prove himself at a higher level and he’s coming for the right reasons.

"It’s a deal that's beneficial to both the club and player and it’s financially right as well.

“Also, it’s been forced in the respect that we’ve got to the point where we can’t keep playing the same two midfielders all the time.

“I’ve spoken to Simon a couple of times in the past, going back to my first spell at Eastleigh, and for whatever reason it’s not happened.

“But the opportunity’s there for him. He’s hungry and he wants to come and prove himself.

“For us it’s a no-brainer for a month while we’ve got a few sore bodies.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill