Andy Hessenthaler replaces Richard Hill as manager

Andy Hessenthaler has replaced Richard Hill as Eastleigh manager, with Hill moving to a full-time director of football role.

Chief executive Mark Jewell commented: "Now seems to be a logical time to make the change. Richard brought ‘Hessy’ to the club at the start of the season.

"He has a great track record, is well liked and has fitted in extremely well. It goes without saying that we have every confidence in him.

"This will allow ‘Hilly’ to move full time into his role as director of football. There is a lot to do, both on and off the pitch, and I very much look forward to working with them both, in their new roles."

Richard Hill: “I’ve been trying to do two roles, but I was manager and I’ll take the blame for what’s happened on the pitch. Although perhaps the biggest thing I should be blamed for is leaving the club in the first place.

“But what happened in the two years after I left was not my fault and you can’t blame Stewart Donald either because all he’s ever done is support the people who work for him and back them.

“Has this season been successful on the pitch? No.

“But was it a success when I came back last season? Yes - and I still maintain that keeping Eastleigh in the league was the biggest thing I’ve achieved in football.

“I brought Hess in knowing he could take over and he’s had a few months now to see the football club. He’s been involved on the player recruitment side, as has Ben Strevens and Paul Reid (head of recruitment), and they’ll run that now.

“I could have stayed on as manager, but we all agreed this was the right time to start getting a structure in place going forward. I’m doing what I believe is best for the club.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill